Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Seto Daari

One fine day I see myself in the mirror and to my surprise I see a white strand in my beautiful bush of beard. The first thought was to pluck it out. I did try as well but then it was too short to hold.
Then I gave up for a few days. But after that I decided not to  pluck it out. Now it's as long as seen in the picture. People have been pointing at it. And one person even asked me to post something about it. Though I was thinking of doing so, that request actually made me do this small write up.

It's now a reminder to me for quite a few things.
Firstly it's a reminder that I am getting OLD. But on the other hand it's also a reminder for me to remain YOUNG though I am getting old. Remain young at heart at least.

Secondly it's a reminder that it's too late for a lot of things I wanted to do in life. But again it also reminds me that it's better now than never. So it keeps me motivated to try new things now.

Thirdly it's a reminder for me to prepare myself. Prepare myself for the future and old age. Prepare myself to age gracefully and respectfully. And prepare myself to prepare for the responsibility of people who're younger than me. My students, my brothers and sisters and most importantly my SON.

Lastly it makes me wonder about what if there's the second one and the third and then on and on and on? Will I have to dye it or let it be? Shall I shave it or wear them proudly? Well let's see.

I still remember the story "Pehla Safed Baal" which was in our Hindi course in 9th standard. The story typically depicted the woes of a person when he spots the first white hair on his head. And this white strand took me back to it.

But after all this, some people may think that I'm just an over-thinker who's thought a bit too much about an overrated white strand of protein.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also have one. For a while I thought it was my dogs hair. I tried to take it out then I felt the pain. Haha